Calgary Winter Driving & Skid Control Course
Learn to Drive in Alberta Winters!
Learn to drive in winter weather! This course is particularly well suited to meet the needs of drivers who desire more in-depth training and hands-on experience in winter driving theory and maintaining control in snowy, icy driving conditions. Students learn the latest in Defensive Driving theory as well as participate in practical, hands-on, in-vehicle training that reinforces good driving habits and skills. Students are given professional driver assessments using the FSI 63 Point Driver Assessment as well as hands-on driving time in FSI’s specially designed Skid Vehicles.
2 hours In-Vehicle plus Online Classroom | Price: $275 for 1-on-1, price is per person
- SAFER™ System of Defensive Driving
- Six Adverse Conditions that impact our driving
- Driving on Black Ice
- Driving Habits, Attitudes, Behaviors
- Preparing for Winter Driving Conditions
- Emergency Braking (ABS)
- Safe Breakdown Procedures
- Trapped in a Blizzard
- Getting Unstuck
In-Vehicle Driving: 2 hours
(1-1 instructor/student ration)
- Pre and Post Trip Inspections
- General Driving Evaluation
- Commentary Driving (Hazard Identification)
- Ditch Entry and Recovery
- Braking and Turning on Slippery Road Surfaces
- Skid Control: What to do When Skids Occur
- Collision Avoidance
- Rear Crash Avoidance
- Emergency Braking
- Brake and Avoid: Slippery surfaces
Do You Know How To Handle Black Ice?
- What are the best methods for stopping and turning on slippery roads?
- What is better: regular tires or actual snow tires?
- How do you properly prepare your vehicle for winter driving?
These are only some of the questions that are answered in this informative Online Winter Driving Program. Written and narrated by Dr. Randy Flemmer, president of Fleet Safety International, this program teaches you valuable winter driving strategies that can save your life.