Register for the S.A.F.E.R™ Pro Driving Course
This new driver training program extends beyond the basic driving programs by providing more time in the vehicle and additional track training, including skid control, emergency braking, collision avoidance and other essential track skills.
27 hours (15 hours in the online classroom, 12 hours in the vehicle)
Why You Should Choose Us
1. Curriculum developed by Dr. Randy Flemmer
Dr. Flemmer has over 30 years of Driver Training experience and a Doctoral Degree in Adult Education. Students benefit from Dr. Flemmer’s vast educational background and understanding of the Adult learning process.
2. “A” Driving School is Government Approved and registered with Alberta Transportation
Students are assured that all “A” Driving School programs meet and exceed all government standards and regulations. Programs qualify for a reduction in insurance premiums.
3. “A” Driving School has been in business for over 30 years
Customer satisfaction comes FIRST with Fleet Safety International! Students are assured that all “A” Driving School programs and instructors are of the highest calibre to meet the needs of every client and customer.
4. Skid Control Training is included in every program
Students learn not only how to control their vehicle in normal conditions but also learn how to control skids in a safe, controlled and fun way.
5. “A” Driving School’s 2.5 Acre Paved Track
Students learn and practice complex driving maneuvers in a safe, controlled environment.
- Collision statistics
- Crash vs Accident
- Senses and mental components of driving
- Inattention blindness
- Driver competency model
- Licensing, registration, demerit points
- Highway driving
- Adverse conditions
- Driver types
- Road and traffic conditions
- Drinking and driving
- Seatbelts and airbags
- Graduated driver’s licence (GDL)
- City driving includes Signs, traffic lights, right of way, stopping and turns
- S.A.F.E.R.™ System of Defensive Driving including The route, visual lead times, ground search, traffic tactics, escape route, intersection scanning, offset turns, point of no return, rear crash avoidance
- Basic driving skills include:
Walk around, control use, hand over hand, signals, backing, road position, speed control, braking control, left turns, right turns
- Traffic Lights including Left turns, right turns, advanced lights, offset turns
- Highway/Freeway including Merging, weave lanes, exiting, overtaking
- One way streets Left turns, right turns, lane choice
- Parking skills include:
Angle, parallel, uphill, downhill
- Advanced driving skills include:
S.A.F.E.R. ™ defensive driving skills including Space, attitude, foresight, eyesight, responsibility
- Track skills including Skid control, rear crash avoidance.